Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 40 of the Summer of Martie--with sunshine!

Sunshine, in Pittsburgh? Bah! Actually, over the summer so far we've had a tad too much sunshine, until the last couple of weeks of rain, which we desperately needed. Too much sunshine here means drought. Just enough rain means no more drought. Hurrah!

So we went outside, and I tried a lighting experiment. I shot some pics of Martie with the light at her back. I was shooting into the sun obliquely. Note to self: this does nothing to relieve a headache, and rather exacerbates it. Grarr.






I also finished Elizabeth's second dress, and used scraps to make bows in her hair.


Later I will attempt to make her a full length pair of pants. No, I don't have a pattern. Pattern? We don't need no stinkin' pattern! Except for when we do. I'm going to draw a pattern from a pair of newborn pants that fit her, but are very short, and made of a knit fabric, as opposed to the corduroy I'm going to use. Her waist is 11", her hips are 15.5", so this could be a bit of a challenge. And I do loves me a challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Good use of the light, and Elizabeth looks lovely in that dress. ANd yeah, light and headaches do not make for happy campers, nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may make a few more dresses and alter the strap style. If I get her a couple of decent sweaters, they'll work for cooler weather, too.

      Light plus headache plus heat equals WTF was I thinking?!?

      Delete
  2. I heart Lizzie's dress! That color looks gorgeous on her, and I love the pictures, too. My daughter really likes the picture of Martie on the fence. Did you use a pattern for Martie's dress? If so, where did you find it? It's precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's actually my front porch railing. :D

      Yes, I had a pattern, but it's super-simple, just two pattern pieces! It's a jumpsuit, not a dress--I love that style because it can look like a formal dress when I want it to!

      Delete
  3. Elizabeth needs to spend more time in the sunshine. She looks so pale in the picture above!:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!