Monday, June 4, 2012

This is one of my many non-marketable skills.

I finally finished my craft category entry for the TonnerCon 2012 competition! Except, alas, I started it about three weeks later than I should have, so it wasn't close to finished in time. All the same, here it is, un-ironed and un-framed, and 100% hand-stitched:





I added gold metallic thread to the brown outlines of the hair, which sparkles nicely, but the camera didn't pick that up. This exercise served to remind me of why I hate to work with metallic thread, as it is evil and uncooperative. But sparkly, and that forgives all.

12 comments:

  1. Non-marketable?! My little sister would grab that, hang on tightly, and when she would be older, she'd frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you stitch her eyes and lips? I am impressed and ashamed of my own stitching now. Hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, did the whole thing. And spish, yours is damn good.

      Delete
  3. She's lovely, and doesn't that suck how something so unique and special.. can't get you very far in today's society.. blah..

    but great work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The advent of the modern embroidery machine has rendered my skills redundant, alas. All the same, I enjoy it, so I still do it. Art for its own sake indeed.

      Delete
  4. I got Martie in tonner doll duels on your side bar I voted for her right away the photo was your profile picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! I knew it was a Rapunzel! Lol. Nice Job! My embroidering is more tangle than stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you called it right away! ;D I'd love to see your embroidery.

      Delete

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!