Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stuff 'n' 'at.

I have been sick as the proverbial dog, my friends, which is why I haven't posted in a few days. I started to feel sick on Thursday, felt crummy but not too bad on Friday when I last posted, then Saturday--*WHAM* and I was down for the count. Today, I still feel exhausted and off-kilter, but I am out of bed and cogent, at least, which is a huge improvement. I'm not sure I'll get any good pics of anything today, but here are a couple of interesting things for you to check out:


MARWENCOL. This is ... well, it rather defies description, despite that it makes perfect sense to me. Folks were discussing it on #dollchat on Sunday (which I missed most of, for the first time, because I was so damn sick). The quick description on the site is "'Marwencol' is a documentary about the fantasy world of Mark Hogancamp," but that's not even close to a full descriptor. Just, go look at it, even if you just look at the site; it's astounding. A very very interesting side note is that Hogancamp lives in Kingston NY, the home of Tonner Doll.


My eBay items. Go, look, buy. There will be more later on--I'm paying two mortgages, and the IRS doesn't have a sense of humor. Plus, kids, I think I may have actually hit the mystical wall known as Too Many Dolls. *GASP* No kidding, I found dolls I'd utterly forgotten I'd even bought. My rule for myself now is that if I've had it three months and haven't even deboxed it, I don't really want it, and it should move on to someone who will love it.


I do have a short list of dolls with Permanent Immunity, those whom I'd never sell (notice I didn't say "that"--these are more little people than things to me). Martie, of course, tops the list. If it came to me being hungry or selling Martie, I'll eat newspaper. She's that important. Robin and Cap'n Jack Harkness are on that list, too, along with a few others. Then there's the Sell Only if in Dire Need list, then on down to the "WTF was I thinking" list, which is longer than I care to admit.
Besides, she's far too good a painter to let go.

2 comments:

  1. I adore this doll! I have Rapunzel too and would NEVER get rid of her either....so don't even give it a second thought. I just did a little re-eval of my collection as well...hate those! I need to get a Home Depot apron for my girl as painting looks like so much fun, but right now, she's been content to fight off the monsters under my bed with her frying pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the power of a good heavy frying pan!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!