Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In which I show you some art.

I've mentioned before that I'm an embroiderer, and while cleaning Ann's house I've been coming across a lot of my pieces from over the years, and a lot of things I'd forgotten I'd even done -- I ran across some sketches from a design class I took as an undergrad that I had no idea she'd saved.

A few years ago, I made Ann a tote bag to take to scifi conventions to carry the dozens of books she always bought. Here it is, wrinkled from storage:


You may see that it's signed "Daisy"--that's me, too. I have a pseudo that I sometimes use, depending on what I'm doing, and on occasion that's what I sign.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about that too.. so pretty! She carried it .. once I think. She was worried about messing it up I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept telling her it was made to abuse. Or she just really hated the lining. ;D

    Thank you, Alison!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!