Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I've been rockin' and rollin', too.

I have also been busily making myself into a lapidary hobbyist--ie, I gots me some rock tumblers! I've wanted to tumble rocks since I was a little sprout, and Kevin and Sam got me a vibratory tumbler from Harbor Freight for my birthday last month. I've since also acquired a Lortone 3A roller, and a Thumler UV 3 vibrator. Don't worry if that doesn't make sense, the upshot is--pretty shiny gems and pebbles what were just rough rocks! The first batch isn't totally done yet, as it still needs another polish cycle, but the tumbler really brought out the deep dark purples in some amethysts I got at a gift shop in a theme park. Yes, there will be piccies, because I will be inordinately proud of my newbie efforts, aw yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!