Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In which I am somewhat chuffed.

Here's the nearly-finished painted head to my Xenis doll kit:



I actually freehanded it! I kept trying to do it the "right way" and had to wipe it twice. Note to self: don't try to follow beginners' rules when you know what you're doing and what you want to accomplish. *nods*

I spray-sealed it, of course (wtf don't reborners used layers of sealant instead of putting vinyl in the oven? *mystified*). I'm going to darken the eyebrows just a tad and add polygloss to the eyes and mouth.

Gratuitous doll-and-sleeping-cat shot:






6 comments:

  1. That is a great face mama! Looks awesome.(BTW it's your daughter, using a nickname)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking face. Are we going to see the rest of the doll when you are finished?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Eva, when I get her head back on, find a good wig in my stash, and finish a dress for her, she'll be online!

    Thanks, Sasha (I knew it was you, Shorty) and Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts. I don't expect universal love but I do expect civil commentary. If you're a hater, don't play. Thanks!